Monday, July 15, 2013

BEADED LOVE



  This is a dress by the contemporary women's wear brand;Kensie I found on the forbidden racks of
Ross. As a shuffled endlessly through the many racks of past season goodies, with the uttermost determination to walk out of the off-price department giant with a steal on my very first visit.
Then it was as if the stars were suddenly aligned , I stumbled upon this little beaded Peter Pan collar Plain Jane dress at an unbelievable price of 19.99 . Now you tell me if that's not a Bargain. I picked it up quickly and proceed to engage in a very intense stare down searching for any rips, defects or stains but with the exception of the wrong size there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you knew me you would acquire the sensible knowledge that I would never buy anything without slipping it on first. Contrary to many belief , just because a dress might look like it fits does not mean it will fit your particular body frame , and in my case it was an unwanted size small, I much would have preferred a medium. Anyways, You know the shameless thing we girls do when we knowingly buy a shoe that doesn't fit properly because it has the cuteness factor at a great bargain. Well I thought about it, and felt guilty thinking of past mishaps. I opted out of the opportunity to the fitting room and placed the dress back on the rack fearing that it may not fit properly and I would be utterly crushed. Then I noticed in the corner of my eye a very petite woman watching me and little Peter Pan closely. Then just as I had thought , "awesome dress, if you don't get it I will" she said and proceeded to laugh hysterically . I felt like I was in that scene of Confessions of a Shopaholic, you know the one where Rebecca Bloomwood engaged in a quarrel over the Gucci boots at the designer sample sale.
"Do I really need it" I asked myself . Of course I do! It's a $20 dress. Then I said "back off lady". 
Well ok maybe I did not use those exact words. I smiled and said that I'm taking it, ceasing the opportunity to be frugal, to win and most importantly to walk away with a great dress. Luckily it was the perfect fit.Whoever said life is not a movie have never had a Rebeca Bloomwoood moment.


Similar ones herehere and here . Shoes from Zara. 


































No comments:

Post a Comment