Sunday, July 21, 2013

Scrapbooking- HAITI: ROYALTY NO.4


For the past few weeks now , I have been dancing around the idea of a small project dedicating to the style,fashion and architectural aspects of life in Haiti from the 40's and on. This idea originated from the curiosity to know more and discover life in Haiti after I stumbled across this magnificent lost photograph documenting life in the national palace during the Duvalier era. I jumped at the opportunity to research and discover Haiti's fashion, style and architectural interior in the early 40's and beyond. Digging deep to learn more about the country's roots of tailors and seamstresses. What I love  about these photographs is that they depict style, elegance and class. These captivated moments only enriched my curiosity to learn more and  discover the rich history of this beautiful country. From Haiti's beauty Queen of the the 60's Claudinette Fouchard to the First Lady Michelle Bennett Duvalier early 70's ; Wife of President Jean Claude Duvalier. So this short sunday post is a small collection of photographs for this project that I am so excited to work on. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. 

The Beauty Queen and President Francois Duvalier

Claudinette Fouchard Haiti's Beauty Queen- 1960
First Lady Michelle Bennett Duvalier
President Jean Claude Duvalier and First Lady Michelle Bennett Duvalier
 

1 comment: